The ministry of evangelism is one that has been committed to every single believer, 2 Corinthians 5:18; “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Christ Jesus, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation”. As a church we are committed to fulfilling this heartbeat of God by ensuring that people of all race, culture, colour, creed, background and faith are reconciled back to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. However, strategically we have a ministry (evangelism and follow-up) whose primary purpose is to champion this cause. The team meets once every week to engage the community with the message of salvation and sometimes, we embark on visitations to church members who have not been regular to church programs. We are passionate about soul winning and strongly desire to see the gospel of Jesus Christ heard and received by all.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creatureMatthew 16:15
ABOUNT THE MINISTRY
This unit of the church strategically exists mainly for the propagation of the gospel of salvation to the lost and backslidden in our community. As a church and as part of the body of Christ, our primary purpose is to see the lost reconciled back to God and that is the primary essence this unit in the church does exist for.
As a team, we meet once a week in the church and exhort ourselves from scriptures after which we engage in intercessory prayers for souls. We usually step out into the community to preach from door to door, in the shopping malls and also distributing tracts on the streets. Primarily, we reach out ‘INWARDLY’ to members who needs visitations and ‘OUTWARDLY’ to our immediate community and the world at large.
Join us today and enjoy the inner peace and joy that comes from soul winning…!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Fasting and praying for lost souls and the backslidden
- Invitation and sending reminders about church programs to members
- Reaching out to people via telephone calls, emails and through the various social media platforms such as facebook, instagram and whatsapp
- Evangelism outreaches in shopping malls, on the streets and from door to door
- Organizing prayer walks on the streets and speaking into the atmosphere
- Nursing homes and school visitations
- Distribution of the Holy Bible in the community